ARY Digital Network announces to commence The ARY Film Festival 2017 (AFF) from May 4th, 2017. Selected entries will continue to screen till the 16th of May at Cinepax, Ocean Mall, Karachi. During the course of the festival a seminar and panel discussion will also be held, highlighting the factors affecting the success of films and cinema in Pakistan. The festival will be concluded at with grand event featuring musical performances and award ceremony for winning entries.
The official jury for the festival includes:
- Anwar Maqsood – veteran actor, writer and artist
- Maryln Agrelo – U.S. based filmmaker and actress
- Jonn Gan – Former head of DC Shorts now current Director of Programming at the Film Festival Alliance USA
- Andy Merkin – Head of Special Projects and Transmedia at Mirada Studios USA
- Jack McDonald – Emmy Award winning director and writer for NatGeo and Discovery Channel Documentaries
- Sharmeen Obaid Chinnoy – Two time Oscar Winner
- Amina Khan – Director
- Ram Kishore Parcha – Festival Director, Delhi International Film Festival
The duties of Festival Ambassador will be performed by renowned TV actor/host Faysal Qureshi.
Over 30 films will be screened during the festival based on a wide array of topics, under
the categories of:
- Feature Films
- Short Films
- Documentary Feature Films
- Documentary Short Films
Among the numerous films screening during the festival, some of the special screenings include ‘Mah-e-Mir’ by Director Anjum Shahzad, Sharmeen Obaid Chinnoy’s ‘Song of Lahore’, ‘Liyari Notes’ by Docu-Director Maheen Zia, ‘Choora Ek Paratha’ by Director Ravindra Singh Rajawat (winner for best director and actress at Delhi International Film Festival), ‘Main Aur Amrita’ by director Sumit Mishra (short film from Delhi International Film Festival).