The culmination of the ICC Men’s World Cup 2023 witnessed the unveiling of the coveted Team of the Tournament, highlighting standout performers from the cricketing extravaganza. Notably, the absence of any player from the Pakistan team in this prestigious lineup has drawn attention.
Despite entering the tournament as the top-ranked side, Pakistan’s journey concluded in the group stage, registering a disappointing exit after suffering five defeats out of nine matches played. This setback contrasted sharply with their initial high hopes for the tournament.
The Team of the Tournament, curated by a panel comprising notable figures from the cricketing world, predominantly featured players from the triumphant Australian squad, who secured their sixth World Cup title.
Runners-up India, alongside semi-finalists South Africa, New Zealand, and Sri Lanka, also had their representatives acknowledged in the lineup.
The ICC Men’s World Cup 2023 Team, assembled in batting order, showcased stellar performances by some of cricket’s finest talents:
1. Quinton de Kock (wk) (South Africa) – 594 runs at 59.40
2. Rohit Sharma (c) (India) – 597 runs at 54.27
3. Virat Kohli (India) – 765 runs at 95.62
4. Daryl Mitchell (New Zealand) – 552 runs at 69
5. KL Rahul (India) – 452 runs at 75.33
6. Glenn Maxwell (Australia) – 400 runs at 66.66 and six wickets at 55
7. Ravindra Jadeja (India) – 120 runs at 40 and 16 wickets at 24.87
8. Jasprit Bumrah (India) – 20 wickets at 18.65
9. Dilshan Madushanka (Sri Lanka) – 21 wickets at 25
10. Adam Zampa (Australia) – 23 wickets at 22.39
11. Mohammed Shami (India) – 24 wickets at 10.70
Additionally, the panel acknowledged Gerald Coetzee (South Africa) as the 12th player, recognizing his impactful performance with 20 wickets at 19.80 during the tournament.